Our easy to use online course builds hands-on experience with best-practice techniques used to analyze the financial results of a company.
£99 (Inc Tax)
Direct instructor help
Develop the skills that underpin a huge range of finance roles. Quickly and confidently interpret financial data and statements, evaluate them and use the calculated information to build high-quality reports.
Video Minutes (30) — Excel Exercises (3)
- Making entries and ensuring the balance sheet balances
- Preparing a balance sheet
- Preparing an income statement from the entries to retained earnings
- Preparing a cash flow statement from the entries to the cash account
- A review of the different categorizations on the income statement, balance sheet, and the cash flow statement
Video Minutes (59) — Excel Exercises (15)
- Revenue recognition issues
- Cost recognition issues
- Identifying non-recurring items from the income statement, the MD&A, the notes to the accounts and the financial statement press release
- Calculating EBIT and EBITDA for the historical year, and on an LTM basis
- Understand the difference between basic and diluted earnings per share and calculate recurring diluted earnings per share
- Review company profitability compared to its peer group
Video Minutes (56) — Excel Exercises (12)
- Inventory accounting including the impact on EBIT of LIFO and FIFO accounting choices (where relevant)
- Accounts receivable and bad debts (identifying when companies are manipulating sales)
- Accounts payable and accruals and the difference between them from a due diligence perspective
- Other items including taxes payable, deferred revenue, and pre-paid items
- Working capital and operating working capital and the cash impact of changes in operating working capital
- Credit implications of working capital movements
- Day ratios
Video Minutes (39) — Excel Exercises (11)
- Gross PP&E, accumulated depreciation, depreciation expense and net PP&E
- Building a simple forecast of fixed assets
- Establishing the age of a company’s fixed asset base
- Finite, and infinite intangibles including goodwill
- A review of key methods of accounting for financial investments
- At fair value through the income statement
- Available for sale
- Associate (equity method) accounting
Video Minutes (50) — Excel Exercises (14)
- Debt issues and repurchases
- Simple yield to maturity and all in cost calculations and understanding Original Issuer Discounts
- Calculating net debt
- Equity issuance and repurchases
- The difference between authorized, issued and outstanding shares and multiple share classes
- Other capital items: preference shares and convertible bonds
- Leverage ratios
- Debt liability maturity analysis
Video Minutes (25) — Excel Exercises (3)
- Understanding how to categorize cash flows between operating, investing, and financing
- Deriving a cash flow statement from two balance sheets and an income statement
- Deriving a balance sheet from a cash flow statement and an income statement
- Different cash flow statement presentations
Get a Wall Street Recognized Certification
UPGRADE YOUR RÉSUMÉ WITH THE SAME CERTIFICATION WE USE AT THE WORLD’S TOP 4 INVESTMENT BANKS.
Our exams are similar to assessments at the top firms. This means they are going to challenge you. Our online courses will teach you everything you need to know to succeed.
The Investment Banker is made up of 4 skills certificates. Pass each one to unlock your micro- degree. Certification can easily be added to LinkedIn, demonstrating your achievement which will be recognized by the most prestigious firms on Wall Street.
DEMONSTRATE YOU’RE AS GOOD AS THE BEST
By completing this course, you will be able to join our prestigious alumni on LinkedIn alongside hires at the top 4 investment banks. After becoming a member of this elite community, you can unlock exclusive benefits such as course discounts and more.
What Our Students Say
Through explicative videos and practical workouts, I strengthened & deepened my skills in areas that are essential for any job related to investment banking.
MATTEO LHOMMEAUThe Investment Banker
Videos were incredibly clear and detailed. Very high-quality resources. Would highly recommend.
SUMMER ANALYST 2020The Investment Banker
Frequently Asked Questions
Access your course across desktop, laptop, tablet or phone; either via our web portal or the dedicated mobile app. While we have optimized our video quality and size, we recommend a broadband connection to enable uninterrupted video playback. A PDF reader and spreadsheet application are required to open the supporting resources.
This online program reflects the training new analysts receive at the leading investment banks. It’s challenging, but if you want to demonstrate you are as good as the best in the industry then this is the course for you. The top investment banks will recognize our certification, making this perfect for graduates looking to land a job in investment banking or a professional preparing for a new role. We also reserve the right to introduce our best students to recruiters at the top 4 investment banks.
The 4 leading investment banks, as rated by the FT, hire us to train their incoming analysts. If you are looking to join the best analysts in the world, why not challenge yourself with the same content and certification with the same Wall Street instructors ready to answer your questions.
Absolutely. Develop practical skills your can use to impress at interviews, whether you’re looking to break into finance or change roles. Take advantage of our recruiter service to boost your chances.
We are delighted to announce that we now offer lifetime access on all online courses! Fit studying around your schedule. Learn at your own pace with on-demand video, practical examples to download and expert instructor support.
No. Everything you need to earn your micro-degree is included, from instructor-led videos and Excel exercises to the exam.